FREE ground shipping currently estimated 4-7 business days
Warranty Coverage, Exclusions & Remedies
Effective as of June 19th, 2019
Warranty against Defects
Depending on the product, DELSEY offers a Worldwide Limited 2, 5 or 10 Year Warranty, or a Lifetime Warranty (Warranty Period) against defects in material and workmanship, computed from the date of purchase. To find the length of the Warranty Period, please see the product labeling, the hangtag, and the documentation provided with the product.
Electronic and electrical components (excluding batteries) are covered by the warranty for a period of two (2) years.
Please retain your receipt, and Warranty Notice or Warranty Hangtag, as these documents will be necessary for you to exercise your warranty rights.
For warranty repair evaluation, your product will need to be evaluated by our Authorized Repair Center. You can find a list of all Delsey Authorized repair centers HERE. Please note any shipping costs to the repair center will be your responsibility. The Authorized Repair Center will make the final determination on the status of the product with the possible following outcomes:
• If the product is repairable and covered under warranty, the product will be repaired at Delsey's expense and returned to you.
• If the product is not repairable and is covered under warranty, you will be contacted via phone/email in regards to receiving a comparable warranty replacement at no cost to you.
• If the product is repairable and not covered under warranty, you may either have the product returned to you un-repaired, or have the product repaired at your own expense. This will be communicated to you by the Authorized Repair Center via phone/email.
• If the product is not repairable and not covered under warranty, you can elect to have the Authorized Repair Center send the product back to you un-repaired, or you may ask the Authorized Repair Center to dispose of the product. This will be communicated to you by the Authorized Repair Center via phone/email.
You may choose to ship or personally bring your product to the authorized repair center. If you select to ship it to the repair center, we recommend using a carrier that will provide you with a tracking number.
The Warranty only applies to products manufactured by or for DELSEY that can be identified by the DELSEY trademark or logo affixed to them. The Warranty does not apply to any non-DELSEY product, even if packaged or sold with a DELSEY product.
Others exclusions include:
• Defects that come from normal wear and tear;
• Defects caused by accident, neglect, abuse, misuse, misapplication, or non-DELSEY products;
• Defects caused by exposure to extreme natural conditions, liquids, or gases;
• Defects caused by handling by third parties (such as airlines, hotels, etc);
• Defects caused by service (including repairs) performed by anyone other than a DELSEY authorized representative;
• A product that has been modified without DELSEY's permission;
Any DELSEY product whose serial number has been removed or defaced, or if the displayed serial number does not correspond to the nature, type, or origin of the product.
Regarding the electronic components of the product, the following disclaimers also apply:
• Use of electronic components non-compliant, including for the purpose for which they were designed
• A modification of these components, including use of parts not manufactured or sold by DELSEY,
• Repair or maintenance service performed by non DELSEY or a service provider authorized by DELSEY,
• Improper installation of third party products.
The warranty does not cover batteries, especially lithium batteries that may be incorporated in the electronic components of the product.
Non-authorized Service Centers
If you bring your product to a Non-authorized Service Center any price charged for the repair, and any defect caused by their work, will not be covered by the Warranty.
If a product fails to meet the Warranty during the applicable Warranty Period, at its option DELSEY will:
• Repair the product at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts;
• Exchange the product with a product that is new or that has been manufactured from new or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent to the original product.
Limitation of Warranty
Limitation of Warranty
THIS WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES, AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER WRITTEN OR NOT WRITTEN , EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. DELSEY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
DELSEY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR ANY PRODUCT UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR PROVIDE A REPLACEMENT PRODUCT THAT MEETS ALL THE CHARACTERISTICS AND FUNCTIONALITIES OF THE ORIGINAL PRODUCT.
The Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other legal rights depending on the state in which you reside. Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, some of the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. In such states, DELSEY's warranty is limited to the greatest extent permitted by applicable state law.
This Warranty is only extended to the original purchaser or gift recipient of a product.
Limitation of Damages
Limitation of Damages
DELSEY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (SUCH AS LOSS OF CONTENT, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF TIME, ETC.), OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE, CAUSED BY A PRODUCT DEFECT.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or exclusions, thus the above exclusions may not apply to you.
Product Covered by the Warranty
If the product needs to be repaired, the Service Center will keep, fix and return the product free of charge.
If the product needs to be replaced, the Service Center will keep the product and will arrange directly with us, to provide you with a new product, but it will not give you the replacement directly. If the product is not available anymore, DELSEY will substitute the product for a same price product chosen by you. In this case, a customer service representative will contact you to complete the acquisition of this new product.
In case of repair or replacement, DELSEY will cover any cost of delivering the product back to you. However, you are responsible for the cost of shipping the product to any Service Center, including the costs of packaging, shipping, and applicable taxes.
Product Not Covered by the Warranty
If the report issued by the Service Center establishes that the product or the defect is not covered by the Warranty, you will have the option to leave it there for repair, bearing all the charges regarding this process.
Damage in Transit
If a product is damaged while being returned from our Service Center, please submit your claim to the relevant Service Center.
Timing & Ownership
First 30 Days Window
If a damaged or defective new product was shipped to you, you will have thirty (30) days to contact us as indicated in How to Contact Us section below, to obtain a RMA number, return the product, and request a full refund or a replacement product.
There will not be a refund or a replacement product if we determine that an exclusion applies.
Within this thirty (30) days window, any shipping cost from you and to you will be borne by DELSEY, including if we determined that no warranty applies.
Beyond this thirty (30) days window, the other relevant terms of the Warranty Policy will take effect.
When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes DELSEY's property. When a refund is given, the returned product becomes DELSEY's property.
Terms of Sale
This Warranty Policy is incorporated by reference to the Terms of Sale.