DELSEY PARIS MAKES THE PLEDGE #THEGREENMOVE
We listen to our customers' expectations and take care to meet them and this has resulted in a shared bond with millions of travellers throughout the world who put their trust in us.
Reducing & reusing. Extending life & recycling.
ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE MATERIALS IN OUR LUGGAGE
- Since 2013, the composition of some of our products has incorporated 30% recycled materials
- Reduction of 50% in 5 years in manufacturing material volume for our suitcases
- Launch of the EGOA collection, made from R-Pet*.
* R-PET, also known as recycled PET, is a material made from water and drinks bottles gathered from the oceans, that have been washed and crushed. This recycled material plays a part in minimising the greenhouse effect, helps to save energy, and protects the planet from pollution linked to plastic waste. For each suitcase that DELSEY makes using R-PET, up to 23 plastic bottles begin a new life!
- We have DELSEY REPAIR centres so that our customers can send their broken suitcases off for repair. All of our luggage is designed to be repairable thanks to their removable and replaceable components. Extending the life of your suitcase also means reducing waste.
Co-financing & promoting.
Together with ULULE.COM, the community-backed incubator for positive impact projects, we support those striving for fair travel. To help you make your adventure travel wishes and dreams more sustainable, we have decided to support those that make it easier to access a greener kind of tourism. We share their vision, their journey and their great ideas.
GUIDING COMMITTED TRAVELLERS
To mark the beginning of our partnership with ULULE, we have chosen to support and co-finance the very first world travel guide to specialise in sustainable, community-friendly, ecological volunteer-based travel. It's a guide book that's packed with sustainable solutions and pledges, ideal for every eco-traveller. Thanks to our joint resource mobilisation, almost 10,000 euros has been raised to bring to fruition this labour of love.
This creation will be available as a paper book and in digital format (epub and pdf), and in it you will find thousands of handy pieces of information for alternative travel, meaning that everyone can play their part and contribute to changing the world and changing what it means to travel.
EXPECTED PUBLICATION: DECEMBER 2019 You will very soon see the link right here to order it.
TO BUILD ON OUR MOMENTUM and to work towards another travel idea, you are invited to submit your project on delseyplanet.ulule.com to have a go at winning support from DELSEY PARIS for your fair travel-related community-based financing campaign!
Submit your project