1. PreambleDELSEY, a limited liability company with capital of 9,099,576 euros, whose registered office is located at 215 Avenue des Nations 93290 Tremblay en France, registered with the Trade and Companies Register of Bobigny under number 572 017 507, phone number: 01 49 38 30 30. DELSEY processes personal data collected about you as a data controller in connection with the use of its website at the following address: www.delsey.com. DELSEY respects the privacy and protects the personal data of users of the services it offers on its website. This policy is particularly designed to inform the site users of the conditions under which the collection, processing and use of their personal data are performed and of their rights to protection of personal data under the laws applicable thereto, including the law 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on computers, files and freedoms referred to as "the Data and Freedom Protection law" (“Loi Informatique et Libertés”)
2. What categories of collected data do we process?
While using the website, several types of personal data can be collected.
The collected data mainly pertain to the following categories:
- Identity data (Mr./Ms, name, address, email, etc.);
- Details on the guarantees offered with respect to the purchased products (date of purchase, type, control number).
Said data is collected directly from you at your request. Required data are reported in the collection forms with an asterisk. In their absence, the service associated with this information cannot be ensured by DELSEY.
3. For what purposes is the data collected?
DELSEY processes your data in whole or in part in order to ensure:
- The management and monitoring of inquiries made by users and responses to it;
- Management and tracking orders:
- The management of online check-in baggage;
- The management of after-sales service;
- Reporting of site access;
- The measurement of quality, satisfaction and visits;
- Subscription to the newsletter and business development;
- The management and monitoring of candidates recruitment.
If the user wishes to subscribe to the newsletter, DELSEY will use the user’s name and email address to send the newsletter. The user is able to provide DELSEY with additional information, e.g. address or telephone number. Out of respect for privacy, DELSEY also offers a way to unsubscribe to the said newsletter. If the user does not wish to receive the newsletter or any other promotional forms of communication, he may choose not to receive them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. DELSEY also offers the option to unsubscribe from certain communications on the unsubscribe page. If the user chooses to use DELSEY’s referral service for informing a friend about a product presented on the website, DELSEY will ask for the friend's name and email address. DELSEY will automatically send a one-time email to the aforesaid friend(s) inviting them to visit the website. DELSEY does not store this information and uses it for the sole purpose of sending this email once. Friends shall then contact DELSEY at email@example.com, so that the information that concerns them may be deleted from the database.
4. Who are they transmitted to?
The collected data is primarily intended for:
- Services and dedicated staff members of the one in charge of processing the collected data;
- Subcontractors of the service in charge of processing the collected date, who are asked to intervene in the recruitment process, including their potential partners.
Moreover, the data may be disclosed to any authority legally empowered to have cognizance of such data in case of legal requisition from the judicial, police or administrative bodies. DELSEY can also provide users' personal information to companies that provide services to assist DELSEY in performing its activities such as offering customer service and sending emails on behalf of DELSEY. These companies are authorized to use the aforesaid personal information only to provide those specific services to DELSEY. DELSEY will only share personal information with third parties in the ways described herein. DELSEY does not sell personal information to third parties. Some data may be communicated to partners for direct marketing purposes. The data collected is for the publisher of the site and its partners.
5. How long is the data stored?DELSEY only stores your data for a required duration that is proportionate to the purpose for which it was collected.
7. ContestsFrom time to time, DELSEY may invite users to participate in contests on its website. For this purpose, some personal information are requested in order to identify users. Participation in these contests is completely voluntary and the user has the choice to disclose this information or not. The requested information typically includes contact information (e.g. name, email, date of birth, country), and demographic information (gender...) DELSEY uses this information to notify contest winners and hand over their prices, monitor website traffic or personalize the site to send newsletters to participants. DELSEY may use a third party service provider to organize these contests; this company shall not be entitled to use the information collected from our users for purposes other than the contest. DELSEY shall not share the personal information provided through the contest with other third parties without having duly informed user in this respect beforehand.
8. What are your rights?
In accordance with the Law of 6 January 1978, you have a right to access, query and modify your data. You also have the right to oppose for legitimate reasons that your personal data be processed, and have the right to object to your data being used in particular for purposes of commercial canvassing. You furthermore have the right to obtain that your data be corrected, completed, updated, locked or deleted if inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, outdated, or when their collection, use, disclosure or storage is prohibited.
All these rights can be exercised by contacting DELSEY:
- By post, the request shall be sent to the following address along with a copy of a signed identity card: DELSEY Z.I. PARIS NORD 2, 215 Avenue des Nations BP 62019 Tremblay-en-France 95970 Roissy CDG cedex, France.
- Or by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the sake of confidentiality and protection of personal data, DELSEY shall ensure the veracity of the user’s identity before responding to its request. Hence, any request for the exercise of those rights must be accompanied by a copy of a signed ID document.
9. SafetyThe safety of users’ personal information is important to DELSEY. DELSEY follows generally accepted standards to protect the personal information that are submitted to it, both during transmission and upon receipt by DELSEY. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, DELSEY cannot guarantee that their security is absolute. For questions about security on the website of DELSEY, the user may contact DELSEY at email@example.com. For questions or complaints about IT policy and freedoms or any of its practices, the user may contact DELSEY at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of subcontracting of part or all of the personal data processing services, DELSEY contractually requires its subcontractors to provide guarantees of security and confidentiality in respect of such personal data through appropriate technical data protection measures and proper human resources.
10. Computer cookies
When accessing the site, a cookie is installed on the user's terminal, subject to the choices and options arising from pre-selected parameters of the user’s browser.
What is a computer cookie?
Cookies are constituted of data used by a server to send status information to a user's browser, and through this browser to return status information to the original server. Status information can be for instance a session identifier, a language, an expiration date, a response field, etc. Cookies are used to obtain status information, during the period of validity of such cookies, whenever the browser accesses the different pages of a website or later returns to the aforesaid website. Only the issuer of a cookie may read or modify the information contained therein.
What are the different types of cookies?
There are different types of cookies:
- Session cookies that disappear as soon as the user leaves the site;
- Persistent cookies that remain on the terminal until the end of their useful life or until they are deleted using the browser functionality.
Why is DELSEY using cookies?
Cookies may be referred to as:
- "Necessary": being essential to good browsing;
- "Functionality": offering an optimal browsing experience to the user;
- "Performance": enabling to understand user behavior in order to improve navigation on the site;
- "Interaction": helping the user express himself on DELSEY products especially on social networks;
- "Targeting": allowing to record the user’s preferences as regards product and purchase.
In this case, cookies are mainly intended for the following purposes:
- Storing information entered or requested via forms completed on our website by the user;
- Recognizing visitors and identifying how they use the website;
- Calculating and differentiating visits;
- Allowing access to restricted areas (the user’s personal space...) thanks to identifiers or data previously provided by the user;
- Identifying the sites or search engines or search phrases that have enabled the user to reach the website;
- Conducting statistical analyzes and studying traffic patterns and use of the website in view to improving its performance;
- Adjusting the display of information according to the user’s preferences;
- Managing security;
- Ensuring the relevance of online advertising and ad targeting by adjusting the ads to the user’s browsing practices.
What cookies are used?
The cookies used on the website are listed below:
- DELSEY’s cookies;
- Cookies from third parties specifically chosen by DELSEY for a limited duration in view to attaining predetermined objectives;
- Cookies from social networks.
Cookies installed by tools issued from DELSEY’s website, www.delsey.com, are detailed in the table below :
« _cq_seg »
« dis_counter »
« cqcid »
« dwsid »
« dwanonymous »
« sid »
« _cq_bc »
« changesite »
« CoreM_State_Content »
« CoreM_State »
« _utma »
« __utmz »
« dls_newsletterPopin »
« dls_lastPromoId »
« dwanonymous_9897b3 »
For more information on cookies, please visit the following page:
Consent during the first website visit
The user may at any time reconsider its choice:
- Either by deleting the refusal cookie;
- Or by various means, described in the "Cookie Management" section.
The user has several options for managing cookies. It may at any time express and modify its wishes regarding cookies, by any of the means described below. While most browsers are configured by default and accept the installation of cookies, the user can choose, if it so wishes, to accept all cookies, or systematically reject all of them or choose the cookies that it accepts depending on the cookie issuer. Users can also configure their browser to accept or reject cookies, on a case by case basis, prior to their installation. It can also periodically delete cookies from their device via its browser. User must not forget to configure the browsers of all its different terminals (tablets, smartphones, computers...). To manage cookies and choices, the configuration of each browser is different. The procedure is described in the browser's help menu, which will enable the user to modify its wishes in terms of cookies. For example:
- for Internet Explorer™, this information is available at: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies ;
- for Chrome™, this information is available at: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- pour Firefox™, this information is available at: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- for Opera™, this information is available at: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
Disabling cookies may prevent the use or access to certain features of the website.
You are invited to consult it regularly.
Last modified: 15/11/2016